The AIDF offers a wide range of products tailored to suit most investors.
Benefits of an AIDF account
You will earn a good return from a choice of savings and investment products paying competitive market rates.
Access account interest is calculated daily and paid six-monthly, in June and December and for Term Investments, at maturity or more frequently depending on the product chosen.
AIDF accounts attract no fees. However, any costs for items such as stopped or dishonoured cheques charged to us will be passed on to customers' accounts.
AIDF accounts are exempt from deeming provisions, which means that pensioners pay tax only on the actual interest earned, not the deemed amount.
Online transaction facilities: BPAY, MYOB, BankLink and easy access to account balances.
The AIDF issues free cheques to customers to pay household and other bills.
With an AIDF account you will be provided with a Statement as a record of your account transactions each six months (June and December).
The AIDF adopts ethical standards for investment of investors funds.
Your investment promotes Christian activity and also helps the diocese grow.
AIDF Access Accounts (Associates Only)
Save for your goals with an AIDF account where you can earn a very competitive interest rate and have access to your funds when you need them
Up to $49,999
* As at 1 July 2021
AIDF Online Community Saver Accounts (Associates Only)
An AIDF Online Community Saver account provides you with annual statements, a highly attractive monthly interest rate, whilst also supporting your local community.
Online Community Saver*
AIDF donates to your local Church
*Calculated daily paid monthly. Rate as at 1 July 2021
* Calculated daily donated annually (EOFY) to nominated Parish account. Rate as at 1 July 2021
Accounts are not available for Anglican entities
*Online Transactions only - No Cheques
AIDF Term Investments (Associates Only)
An AIDF Term Investment allows you to select the most appropriate term and rate that suits your investment needs. Interest is fixed for the term, calculated daily and paid on maturity of your investment, or six-monthly for terms of more than one year.
* As at 1 July 2021
Invest now with the Anglican Investment & Development Fund for a great return, knowing that you are also supporting the mission and ministry of the Diocese.
Advice to Investors
Your investment in the Fund will be used to support the charitable purpose of the Fund by allowing it to:
• Make loans to the Diocese, Diocesan agencies, schools and Ministry units for building and other purposes that support the mission of the Diocese,
• Make grants to the Diocese out of any surpluses from its operations for use by Bishop-in-Council to further the mission of the Diocese,
• Make donations out of any surpluses from our operations to Parishes or other Diocesan agencies.
The Fund is required by law to notify investors that:
• Investments in the Fund are not subject to the usual protections for investors under the Corporations Act or to regulation by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC),
• The investment is only intended to attract investors whose primary purpose for making their investment is to support the charitable purpose of the Fund,
• Investors may be unable to get some or all of their money back when the investor expects or at all,
• Investments in the Fund are not comparable to investments with banks, finance companies or fund managers.
The Fund does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence.
The Fund has lodged an Identification Statement with ASIC as required by ASIC Corporations (Charitable Investment Fundraising) Instrument 2016/813. The statement is available here.
The Fund is not prudentially supervised by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority. Therefore, an investor in the Fund will not receive the benefit of the financial claims scheme or the depositor protection provisions in the Banking Act 1959.
Investments with AIDF are backed by AIDFs substantial reserves and the AIDF is guaranteed by the Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn.